Monday 22 October 2012

Elysian Commission

Blimey, 6 months have past. Hello to any and all, I'm afraid I have neglected this blog recently, but, for no longer!

Since my last post I have somehow managed to secure a whole heap of Commission work and I've been the happiest I've ever felt. I promise to update this blog much more regularly from now on so keep your eyes peeled. 

After going back through my posts, it appears I never posted my first commission, so here it is......

The customer requested I paint up both an Elysian Venator and Tauros for his army. He wanted the same colour scheme as his army, however, he used very different paints to me so I had to take a chance and choose something similar. 

He liked the idea of having them very chipped and battered and so the painting process began....

Starting with a dark Mahogonay basecoat I then used the Hairspray emthod of chipping, applying a layer of Vallejo Sand Yellow over the dark brown.....

I then used a damp toothbrush to 'chip' away at the Sand Yellow to create chips and scratches....


Now since this was done months ago I actually can't remember a lot of how I painted it, I think the next step was a pin wash of Gryphonne Sepia by the looks of it, as well as a dark Maroon for the seat....


 The wheels were then painted Chaos Black, drybrushed Codex Grey and then weathered using dry pigments....






The rest of the parts were then painted in the same way....


The customer requested the drivers and gunner be painted in the same scheme he had already used, a Blue Armour and Khaki Fatigues...



 After a bit more work the customer was extremely thrilled to recieve these two....




The customer was so happy that he has since commissioned me to paint 4 more (2 more of each) and I can't wait to start them.

Well, that's one update for the moment, I'll post a second in a few minutes time.

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment